Getting stressed by work

06 Aug
Name Confidential

I am an engineering student. And being in college means that in order to be ahead you need to learn all types of things. So i have to engage in multiple extra curricular activities and on the same time keep my studies also up to date. Doing all these things I am unable to manage my timings and eventuallyget stressed out. Can I get some suggestions regarding this?

Responses 5

• Shanmugi B.P
    Shanmugi B.P   Aug 08, 2017 06:36 AM

Hope you are doing well. I can clearly understand about your plight situation. Also being a engineering student,  I too come across these situations. I can hereby suggest you something helpful.

1. Scheduling:

First of all, I strongly recommend you to schedule your tasks in manner which will boost up you. Also, schedule the timing for your rest for every 1hr, which can really help you to relieve the stress and start your work with new energy and enthusiasm.

1. Relieve your stress:

Just stay calm and peace. Whenever you feel more stressed and depressed just try to relieve your stress like watch some movies, have a walk, have a chat with your friends, have a weekend plan with your family or friends.

1. Don’t Postpone the tasks:

And also don’t ever try to postpone your tasks for tomorrow. Today is the present and tomorrow is the mystery and yesterday is the history so make the day as a present gift and enjoy of doing your tasks. The only goal for all the engineering student’s is to get a job and live the settled life. But for that we should get a job, for  getting a job we should need a perfect resume. So we should work hard to say about our self good in the future.

Hope it helps you!!!

Take Care :)

• Anushree Nandi
    Anushree Nandi   Aug 07, 2017 04:43 PM

I have been in this situation and the one thing that helped me was exercise.

When you’re stressed, the last thing you probably feel like doing is getting up and exercising. But physical activity is a huge stress reliever—and you don’t have to be an athlete or spend hours in a gym to experience the benefits. Exercise releases endorphins that make you feel good, and it can also serve as a valuable distraction from your daily worries.

While you’ll get the most benefit from regularly exercising for 30 minutes or more, it’s okay to build up your fitness level gradually. Even very small activities can add up over the course of a day. The first step is to get yourself up and moving. 

• Put on some music and dance around
    • Take your dog for a walk
    • Walk or cycle to the grocery store
    • Use the stairs at home or work rather than an elevator
    • Park your car in the farthest spot in the lot and walk the rest of the way
    • Pair up with an exercise partner and encourage each other as you work out
    • Play ping-pong or an activity-based video game with your kids

While just about any form of physical activity can help burn away tension and stress, rhythmic activities are especially effective. Good choices include walking, running, swimming, dancing, cycling, tai chi, and aerobics. But whatever you choose, make sure it’s something you enjoy so you’re more likely to stick with it.

While you’re exercising, make a conscious effort to pay attention to your body and the physical (and sometimes emotional) sensations you experience as you’re moving. Focus on coordinating your breathing with your movements, for example, or notice how the air or sunlight feels on your skin. Adding this mindfulness element will help you break out of the cycle of negative thoughts that often accompanies overwhelming stress.

• Shubhanshi Singh
    Shubhanshi Singh   Aug 07, 2017 03:29 PM

Hello there! 

I understand the problem you are going through. 

You need to better manage stress and time. Practicing yoga and meditation will really help you to keep your mind focussed and sharp so you grab your study concepts better while staying mentally and physically healthy. 

You must organise a time table for yourself to be ahead of others. Now, making time table is one thing and actually following it is another. Get someone to evaluate you and keep a check on you. Use the idea of rewards so toh stay motivated to fulfill your daily goals. Everytime you feel lazy or too burdened think of how much benefit it will be if you study for these few hours. 

Make studying fun. Don't study just for the sake of studying, apply it better. Keep on questioning yourself about everything you have been learning so you can assess whether you actually remember the things you have learnt or not. 

Dont overburden yourself. 

• Ayushi Jolly
    Ayushi Jolly   Aug 06, 2017 08:40 PM

Hey there!

Hope you are doing well.

I understand that college life can be extremely stressful if we want to grasp the most possible things. It demands a lot from us which school life doesn't teach at all. That is why college is a important phase of one's life. After we graduate, we are ready for the world because college life has taught us so much.

Engineering is all the more stressful and over demanding when we intend to focus on success but everything has a possible solution.

Following are some measures through which you can reduce your stress.

1. You must try to indulge in physical exercises like Yoga and workout. This shall really help you reduce stress.

2. You should make a list of things you intend to do,that are available at the moment. Set priorities and do them in that series.

3. Life has so much to offer that if we grasp everything, we shall not be able to manage. So it's better to stick to the best things and enjoy and gain 100% from them.

4. Talk to your friends and see how they are managing things and you can take ideas from there.

Hope this helps!

APOORVA PANDEY   Aug 06, 2017 03:25 PM

First of all , time management is one of the major issues faced specially by the college students . So you need not worry , you are not the only one going through it.The first thing that you can do is to stop taking on multiple tasks at the same time. DO one task at a time. It will not only help manageyour stress but at the same time ensure that the quality of your work is not compromised.

Realise how valuable time is and how you can stop wastimg it.

In order to keep a record of how you spend our time, your can maitain a log of how much time you spent on different activities throughout the day, Once you are able to maintain such a log, you will be able to see where we are unceesarily wsting your time and then try to cut down on time wastege there.

Also, you can make a note of what activities are important for us . Proritising work actually reduces one's stress levels. 

Also, maintaining a hobby is also a good way to keep us engaged whenever you feel over burdened with work and at the same time it helps in bringing down our stress levels.

Book an appointment